Pages

Wednesday 29 July 2015

Have you played against the Pakuranga Cougars before?

Our rugby team versed Pakuranga Cougars on Saturday. We were playing on our home ground. When I got there, I went to join our team. The first frill that our coach told us to do was we had to run  around the field. Then we did great vines, lunges, butt kicks and high knees. Next, we did pop pass and truck and trailer. Truck and trailer is where you pass the ball  and it comes back to you. Then you pass it back to them then they pass it to the person behind you.


Then the game started and I was the the Hooker. We kicked off for
the first half. Our team tackled as much as we could. Then the forward went in the ruck and blowed them over. After that Kanye scored  our first try but Aiden missed the kick. Next the other team got a try. Soon  after, Kanye almost got his second try but he was tackled and broke his legs


Before long, We had to move to a different field. When we got to another field, it was halftime. The score was 5 all. We had some oranges before the second half to regain some energy. Soon the second half started and I was the substitute and I saw some  our team players missing some tackles so Pakuranga got some tries. However Minutes later, Mario got our second try. Then the whistle blew for full time. The final score was 10 to us and 12 to them. Some people received awards after game.


I wish we had won our game and I hope I will be able to play a full game next time. I did not play a full game this time because some of the other players wanted a turn going on the field.

WALT understand and use descriptive language in a recount. 
I know this when I use appropriate adjectives in my weekend recount.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.