Pages

Saturday 23 May 2015

Better luck next time, Marist!

Last Saturday was an exciting day for me and my rugby team because we were versing Waiheke Island. However, we did not go to the island so we just go to Pigeon Mountain rugby field. The rugby field was a huge and there was lots of supports from different teams.


When I got there, I saw only one of my rugby mates and his name is Kenneth. When I got to him I said, “ Are you the first one?” He said, “ Yes .” I said, “Where is the team?” They were in green T - shirts with white and gold collar.


When everyone arrived, we had to run around the massive field and did legs, arms stretches. We also did some pop pass. A pop pass is when you run with a ball to the person in front of you and when you get to the middle, pass to the person.


Finally the game started, Waiheke did the kick - off. We caught the ball then ran as was as a cheetahs. During the rugby game, Mario got our first try for our team. The Waiheke team had a strong defence like a bear. The also know the moves and where we go to get a try. When the first half was finished, everyone was puffing like a train. The final scores for the first half was 10 to us and zero to them.


Eventually, the second half started. The opposite team went straight at us and they got through. They started to get tries one by one. We were thrashed at the end of the game. They won! 34 to them and 20 to us. Our team worked so hard that we still lost that game. We will try our hardest to win next time. I think that the forwards should work on their rucks and maybe it will work next time.

I also need some practice on rucking. I hope that it pays off during our next game. I can’t wait for our next game this coming Saturday.

WALT understand and use descriptive language in a recount. 
I know this when I use appropriate adjectives in my weekend recount.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.